Sunday, December 4, 2011

Why do I get prompted almost every time I enter my email with those scrambled security letters?

This used to happen about once a month to me. Now, it happens almost every morning when I check my email.





Is yahoo undergoing security assaults of some sort? It really doesn't raise my confidence in their email system that this has become part of the ritual of logging into my email every morning.





Is anyone else having this happen to them?





Thanks|||There are a lot of glitches affecting Yahoo Mail at this time.





People a re not able sign in at all - they cannot send attachments -


photos are not showing up (only blank boxes.)


They can't send replies -





yahoo is undergoing a lot of programming and 'upgrading?'features that are supposed to improve the Mail and all of their websites.





You may just have to wait until they get all of their glitches worked out





At least you are able to get into your mail - some people can't at all





Things may improve soon, hopefully!|||Thank you for choosing my answer. I agree, those Captcha letters are a pain. They have something to do with preventing Spammers (I think) - It's possible that certain peoples account are chosen at random for this check.


They happen to me occasionally - I usually can' read them on the first try!

Report Abuse


|||I read that over and I usually CAN'T read them on the first try.

Report Abuse


|||There is no way for you to fix it.





Yahoo is working on the site.





Do not install or uninstall any Yahoo programs.





Yahoo knows about your problem. Thousands of users are reporting this same thing. It may take days or weeks but it will be fixed.





Yahoo is working on the new Home Page redesign at the same time they are merging their Search features with Microsoft.





It is not your computer or browser that is causing the problem.|||It seems that it does not affect everyone. Some people get notification of suspicious activity on their account and then get the captcha check. It seems to stop eventually but can take a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment