Monday, December 12, 2011

How do I get to 'email security setting'? I need to check my email settings in Outlook Express. When I go in?

to 'My Documents' and try to email a friend a document...it goes into my Outlook Express. Outlook Express says that my password is wrong. How do I change it, and where?|||Open Outlook %26gt; Tools %26gt; Options %26gt; Check one these tabs upper above. It been a while since I used Outlook Express. If this have nothing to do with Yahoo mail, I recommended you contact your ISP.





This error message can have a number of causes, among them:





The ability to access Yahoo! Mail via a POP3 email client is only available to customers of Yahoo! Mail Plus. If you have not purchased the Yahoo! Mail Plus service, you will be unable to retrieve messages via an email client (such as Outlook or Outlook Express). You can determine whether or not you've purchased this service by visiting the password-protected service summary at this link.





If you have Yahoo! Mail Plus, make sure you have the correct password entered in your email client. To test this, log in to your Yahoo! Mail Plus account. Enter your Yahoo! ID and password. If you receive an "Invalid Password" error, then you'll need to change your password. When you change your password, return to the email client and make the appropriate changes.|||You can recover logins and passwords saved on Outlook, Outlook Express easily:


http://www.top-password.com/outlook-expr鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment