Thursday, December 15, 2011

How do i change my security question on my email acct ? Where can i choose another security question ?

I would like to change my security question for my email account as whenever i change my password, someone else who knows the answer to my security question, simply uses this and then gains my new password again and can access my email account. I DONT want to change my username as i get lots of correspondence to my current email account. Please help me asap. Thanks in advance





Alton|||Hello Alton, You had a very good question. I could not find anything on that so I contacted Yahoo and found that there is no way to change the security questions. You can change your password and other account information, but not your security questions. If you change your password, there is a chance you will be able to change the security questions, but am not sure. If you try this please let us know in the additional information for your question. Just located the information below. Think this will help solve your problem.





How do I change my secret question and answer?


If you would like to change or update your Password Question and Secret Answer, please send an email to:


my-login-request@yahoo-inc.com





For security reasons, we request that you send this information from the Yahoo! Mail account associated with the Password Question and Secret Answer. In the subject of the email, type:





Password Question and Secret Answer





In the text of the email, include:





Your Yahoo! Mail ID.


The ZIP code you gave when you registered for the account (non-U.S.residents, please include country).


Your birth date that you provided at registration.


The alternate (non-Yahoo!) email address listed for your Yahoo! ID.


Your current Password Question and Secret Answer (exactly as you entered them at registration).


Your new Password Question and Secret Answer.


Please Note: The punctuation, spelling, and spacing of your new Secret Answer are important. We will copy the Secret Answer exactly as it appears in your email.





Once we've received and verified the above information, we'll notify you that the change has been made.|||Security Question

Report Abuse


|||sign into any yahoo page and up at the top it will say welcome %26lt;insert id here%26gt; under that is a blue link that says my account. click there. it will ask for you password it will then bring you to your account where you can edit your name your address and so on... find where it says edit sucurity and follow the instructions there.

No comments:

Post a Comment