Saturday, December 17, 2011

How do I removed my full name from showing up with my email address for privacy & security?

Every time I send an email my full name appears. I want to remove this but can't seem to find any place to change it. Help is very welcomed. Thank You.|||You need to change the "from line" setting.





Mail page%26gt;%26gt;options%26gt;%26gt;mail options (or "more options" on the New Mail)%26gt;%26gt;Accounts (from the list on the left)%26gt;%26gt;THEN click on "Yahoo Mail"---(middle of page, under "Accounts").


Now you can erase whatever is showing, on the "From line" and type in something else---a nickname---or your own name---or whatever you want----THEN click "save" changes at the top of that page.





You CAN NOT leave that line blank, otherwise Yahoo enters what was previously there or even sometimes puts "False" in place of a name.





Some people say you have to log out and then back in, for the changes to be effective----but some find it's "not necessary"-----maybe it depends on your computer ??

No comments:

Post a Comment